W by RAJO Holiday 2011 Campaign


 














The collection is called CHIAROSCURO, which is an Italian word for playing with darkness and light.   The whole collection is predominantly neutral with a strong emphasis on the grey tone.  I do have some colors but they are muted tones of blue and plum.  I have incorporated my love of gross grain ribbon in the collection and you can see this as a strong design element. There is also a very masculine take on blocking as I cut up the patterns of the jackets, shirts and even pants with these slices that make the clothes so much more interesting.  I also love the faux suspenders on the items giving it a nerdy but cool touch which appeals strongly to my sensibilities.

The first batch will be released in all major SM department stores this October 10.

- RAJO 




Photos by Enzo Mondejar
Styled by Eric Poliquit
Designs by Rajo Laurel for Wharton

2 comments: